Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Singapore Food Street



It seems that we've been seeing a lot of Singaporean style restaurants around the Metro. Waiting while Monique did her shopping rounds in SM Megamall made me slightly bored and hungry, so I went to the food area.  The sight of the Merlion at My Singapore Food Street piqued my interest--such a long name for a restaurant, I thought.  The restaurant had a lot of roasted meats, laksa, prawn mee and also carried a variety of short orders.  Of course I had to go for their flagship Hainanese chicken rice, which was priced at the P150 level, and was surprisingly tender.  Moreover, the ginger sauce was well flavored.  Not bad for fast food, I'd say, although I would have wanted the chicken skin to have that gelatinous consistency that bounces as you bite.


No comments:

Post a Comment