Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Jose Mari Chan




We took a Philippine Airlines flight en route to Hong Kong, and I couldn't help but get fixated over the jingle of our flag carrier.  There's something soothing about it--coming in from fast-paced travels in a foreign land, the piano chords of the song make me feel as if I have arrived home.  I have been a fan of Jose Mari Chan since I can remember (if I remember right, he first guested on the TV show of Pilita Corrales in 1967).  The man has been a long-time icon of Philippine music and to this day, continues to write, sing and produce OPM, just wonderful music to my ears.  A standing ovation!


LOVE AT THIRTY THOUSAND FEET


Dreaming of love while cruising high altitude
Dreaming of making love with you the way we should
Closer to heaven, we're thirty thousand feet up in the sky
Here among the stars, our spirits will fly

Leave all your worries as we soar over the clouds
Jet lag that's making you appear far from the crowd
While we're suspended, locked in each other's sweet embrace
We'll be shooting stars through time and space



No comments:

Post a Comment