Thursday, November 28, 2013

Food Republic



Our visit to the Citygate Outlet Mall in Tung Chung started off with a big bang as we found out that several stores had real good discounts.  However, by lunchtime, I was super stressed as I couldn't locate Vicky and Monique.  I thought we would meet at Food Republic (fast food food court run by the Bread Talk group of Singapore), but it was almost 1:30 pm and they both were nowhere to be found.  By then, I was really worried.  It was a good thing that our friend Jonathan went around the mall to try his luck, and he was able to locate them both.  Oh, what a relief it was!


I had roasted goose for my rice topping, which costs HKD 49 at the Hao Chi Cantonese stall. The taste was good but the parts they gave me was the ribs, and this was full of goose bones. The remaining meat wasn't that soft either.  So much for enjoying my first taste of HK roasted goose.



Vicky and Monique had much better luck at the Korea House counter.  They had meatballs in soup, dumplings, chap chae and bibimbop.  The only problem was that we didn't put the spicy red sauce of the bibimbop immediately, and Vicky found the mixture quite bland. They spent a little more than I did, something around HKD 70 per head.




No comments:

Post a Comment