Thursday, November 14, 2013

Crystal Jade at Chek Lap Kok



The landing in Chek Lap Kok was pretty rough for me.  What may seem just a brief bumpy plane ride to others is already quite dizzying to my frail senses.  As we crawled out of the immigration counters, it seemed that I had a good chance to steady my nerves at the Crystal Jade outpost.  Of course, the thought of steaming hot siao long pao managed to whet my appetite and keep me sane.  For one, the soup inside the siao long pao was somehow sweeter than that prepared by the branch at Virra Mall in Greenhills.  Second, the la mien soup was thicker, slightly spicier too, and the burning sensation on my palate was enough to rejuvenate my inner compass.  Third, the roasted pigeon was done exactly the way I liked it (hot off the pan, skin almost but not quite crispy, yet the meat is succulent and well salted).



This trip to Hong Kong with old friends was especially invigorating, and the best thing about good dining is that pleasant company makes the memory extra special!  We spent something like P450 per person, for a quick lunch just before boarding the airport express.


No comments:

Post a Comment