Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Bravo



You will find the Bravo Italian restaurant right beside Makati City Hall.  I have seen their signage for some years now, but I never had the opportunity to visit the restaurant until a few weeks ago, when I had time to kill while waiting for an afternoon meeting with the Assistant Prosecutor of Makati.  Admittedly, the interiors are a bit old but the ambiance still comes across as warm and homey.  It was a revelation of sorts, as I learned that the restaurant also served Czech food, and that the in-house micro-brewery called Pivo Praha (Prague Beer) was actually integrated with the restaurant.  There was a mini stage, but I learned from the staff that the live bands were discontinued a couple of years ago.


My friend and I had a Czech appetizer (pork leg sausage in gelatin called Tlacenca, priced at P200) and a Quatro Stagioni pizza (shrimp, ham & mushrooms, which was P550).  The sausage itself was a bit bland; the vinegar and the chopped onions carried the weight of the flavor.  The pizza was good, and although I would have wanted a crispier crust, the savory aroma of the filling was enough to drive me to delirium.  Since it was just lunchtime, I had to stop myself from trying the beer (business first before pleasure).  The menu had a wide array of Italian pasta, pizza and main entrees.  I noticed, however, that given the pricing scheme, one would probably need something like P800 per head in order to fully appreciate both the Italian and the Czech cuisines.


No comments:

Post a Comment