Saturday, November 30, 2013

Macau Restaurant



The Tsim Sha Tsui area was our next target locale for dining.  I particularly wanted to have some decent roasted goose (I wasn't very happy with the one in Tung Chung), but I didn't want to travel all the way to our old favorite, Yung Kee in Central.  Upon the suggestion of Jonathan, we hied off to meet up in Macau Restaurant along Lock Road, which was quite known for their egg tarts (you can see the display stand in the picture above, right at the front door).



The flavors were amazing!  The food was just slightly spicy, and served within a minute from leaving the wok. We had noodles, french beans, roasted chicken, and fried rice, but the stars of the show were the roasted goose (HKD 400 for one whole goose, which is very reasonable) and the beef curry (which absolutely superb, enough for Monique to ask for a second round).





Sometimes the simplest of desserts can be the most satisfying.  We had peanut butter toasts, and this was topped with condensed milk and butter.  Yes, I was watching my cholesterol count, but I couldn't help it, and I downed two of these simple but yummy creations.  All in all, we spent HKD 100 per head, which was such a bargain!


No comments:

Post a Comment