Saturday, November 30, 2013

La Maison Du Chocolat



I was so delighted when Ed, our friend from Hong Kong, introduced us to La Maison Du Chocolat, the famous Parisian chocolatier.  I have only heard of this store, but I have never tasted the truffles, till now.  The box was priced at a little over HKD 400, and I thought it was quite expensive.  I understand that the truffles are hand made, and flown in from France on a regular basis, which explains the price.  Very smooth pieces, with fine texture and exquisite flavour.  The box of assortments, however, did not contain a guide to identify the creations, and thus, we were guessing flavours and sampling at random.  We quickly finished the box at the bank lobby, where we had a very brief meeting with some old acquaintances.  Fine chocolate is probably meant to be sucked slowly, but, it was so good, and being the foodies that we are, the box was empty in 10 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment