Sunday, August 25, 2013

Wafu



My birthday fell on a rainy Tuesday, and since I promised Monique that we'd have a Japanese dinner, we braved the rains and went to the Greenhills Shopping Center to dine at Wafu.  You can see from the swank interiors that the place was conceived to give high standard Japanese cuisine, and judging from the menu card, the average food check would easily breach the P1,500 level.  It was very lucky that Vicky saw a promotional sign that gave Metrobank cardholders a hefty discount, and I immediately volunteered to go back home to get her card, which unfortunately, she did not bring along.



It was well worth the 20 minute return trip, and our food bill came to just a tad under P900 per head.  We had the works--Angus teppanyaki, oysters, ramen, ebi sashimigyoza, and beef stew, among others.  Of them all, the beef stew was the only one that was quite ordinary, the one dish I wouldn't order a second time.  Overall, food isn't bad, and I think it's a nice place to take corporate clients, but for family gatherings, I'd prefer a more homey atmosphere.




No comments:

Post a Comment