Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Prell


Prell is one of the older shampoo brands, having been introduced to the American market by Procter and Gamble right after the Second World War.  Yes, it is that old, and nowadays, you cannot find a bottle in local shelves.  I understand that P&G sold the brand to Ultimark Products a few years back, and there are probably only a handful of distributors in the Philippines.  In order to make it on time for the early morning UPCAT round, Monique and I slept over at Gwammy's house, and to my complete surprise, she still uses Prell, the same brand which we used in the late sixties!  This shampoo has a very distinctive scent, one that I associate with bathroom chemicals in the late sixties and the early seventies--it's a cross between artificially enhanced bleaching agents and artificially generated colognes.  And to think I put it on my hair, just as I did many many years ago...now how's that for "old time's sake?"


* Before I get into trouble with the legions of the product's fans, note that I don't know, and haven't checked, if the product specs of today's incarnation has been improved... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment