Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Malt Room



My afternoon meeting with some housing officials was spent at The Malt Room, the below-ground pub of the Rembrandt Hotel along Tomas Morato St.  The ambiance is elegant but lighting is a bit on the dark side.  When you enter, the feel of the room pretty much throws you back into the genteel drawing rooms of the turn-of-the-century England. Which is pretty apt, since malt liquors, both lager and ale, are customary English inventions.  The pub has a wide choice of alcohol drinks, and you can see from the named bottles kept, that the pub has a large clientele.  We had pizza and pica-pica, which wasn't bad at all.  I was told by the waiters that they have quality steaks; I made a mental note, and one of these days, I will probably get some steak-loving friends to join me on a visit here.  Spent P200 per head for snacks; we had no drinks so that wouldn't be indicative of a proper dining budget though.



No comments:

Post a Comment