Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Calderon



Decided to have dinner out with my barkada and I chose to try Calderon restaurant along Calderon St. in Little Baguio (very near the corner of Jose Abad Santos St.).  The place has only been open for a few months now, and it seems that the tapas bar has already blossomed into a full-fledged Spanish kitchen, judging from the numerous entrees on their menu.  It was a Wednesday night, and the place was 80% full.



Oh my, I really enjoy tapas bars!  If I still could take in liquor, I'd probably be drinking here on a weekly basis.  Try the delicious treats that we had--callos, wagyu tenderloin salpicao, and gambas y chorizos.  I think this is a wonder-combination for pica-pica with close friends; we ate in gusto and the fun in telling our respective stories seemed multiplied many times over.


We had seafood paella, and my only regret is that I should have asked them to keep it a bit longer over the flame, as I look for the tutung, which is the crunchy rice at the bottom of the plate.  One thing you have to know is that the Iberian Chicken has to be ordered 24 hours in advance--we didn't know of this and were not able to taste their specialty.  All in all, we spent some P650 per head.  Seating capacity is limited, so if you are celebrating some occasion, make sure you call in ahead for reservations.  Buen provecho!





No comments:

Post a Comment