Thursday, June 27, 2013

On the Boulevard



While everyone was having breakfast at Chico's I took a fast stroll around the Dumaguete boulevard--memories of running around here when we were kids came flooding back.  Kong Kong used to tell me stories about there being a diving platform located several meters off the shoreline, and that when they were kids, the siblings would swim all the way up to the platform.  The boulevard is different now, more ships to see, more pubs blaring loud music, more tourists, more hotels--progress is evident.  Thinking out loud, I kept on humming to myself that Manhattan Transfer song "On the Boulevard," and I just had a big smile on my face, reminiscing about the good old days!

Marker commemorating the arrival of the sisters of St. Paul



No comments:

Post a Comment