Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Lola



Vicky and I didn't want to brave the heavy afternoon traffic from Quezon City to Manila, and we decided to have a dinner date at Lola, which is along Scout Lozano right off Tomas Morato.  It appears that the restaurant was built from a former residence, and the place has both an indoor eating section and an outdoor portion ideal for cold drinks and smokes.  Pretty new, I would think less than a year old--the food was okay, and my only complaint was that the gambas was saltier than expected (I think the chef miscalculated because of the added salt of the chorizo).





Vicky had eggs Benedict (beef tapa inside for variety), and I had mushroom pasta (they call it tartufo pasta, and I got a bit confused since I thought it had ice cream, tartufo being dessert).  We shared pistachio pavlova for dessert. All in all, we spent something in the vicinity of P600 per head.



No comments:

Post a Comment