Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Paparazzi



Paparazzi, the Italian restaurant of the EDSA Shangri-La Hotel, has been part of our family's treasured memories as we celebrated Kong & Gwammy's 50th wedding anniversary there a few years back.  I was invited to lunch there recently, and the place is still as cozy as I remember it to be.  When I arrived, an antipasto spread was available, but our group decided to order a la carte.


I have to say I wasn't too enthusiastic with my lobster bisque.  The soup came just slightly warmed, as if it were prepared much much earlier.  I like my bisque thick and flavorful, this seemed watered down to me, and was just salty rather than tasty.  I found it awkward because the lobster meat that adorned as centerpiece was soft and tender--the saving grace of the presentation.  The bowl was priced at P400, but I would say some independent bistros serve better bisque at half the price.


The osso buco version served in Paparazzi is the one braised with tomatoes and wine,  served on mashed potates (rather than the traditional style with nutmeg and gremolada).  This was tasty and cooked well, but a bit pricey at P1,800.


I just had to end my meal with lemon sorbet.  I like it plain, prepared without any food coloring (other restaurants make sure this comes out yellowish or even bright yellow).  Ah, served just right!



No comments:

Post a Comment