Saturday, April 20, 2013

Icings



We had our quarterly sibling brekky last week to discuss some family matters.  This time we chose to have the meeting in Icings, along Dr. Lazcano St in the Scout Area (near the corner of Tomas Morato).  As we plopped into our chairs, the girls immediately ordered their morning coffee.  I missed out on this; while I love the taste and aroma of black brew, I just can't hack the effects of caffeine.


Anita had panini, while Erika tried the dory fillet in cream sauce.  Mikaela ordered corned beef and I took a frankfurter combo.  While they had better luck with their meals, I was unfortunate as the beef frank was definitely old stock.  Upon my complaint, the staff were gracious enough to substitute this with a Hungarian sausage, which was satisfactory.  Of course, the blame was placed squarely on the shoulders of the meat supplier.






Interiors are homey and simple, there were a couple of other tables taken when we were there.  We spent something like P300 per person.  They also sell cakes and pastries, mostly colorful, and fragile-looking (probably because it looks to me like the decorations will break).




1 comment:

  1. It was ho hum... my coffee was bland, like it was the 3rd brew. And the roast beef was more like beef strips in garlic or like a stroganoff or something...

    ReplyDelete