Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Amici

I was invited for a quick merienda at the Amici branch located at the Ayala Triangle.  I remember Amici to be the canteen of Don Bosco, right at the corner of Pasay Road and Pasong Tamo, but this incarnation of the Italian restaurant is already the second generation version.  Amici was founded by the Don Bosco brothers in order to inject variety into their canteen.  The food was wonderfully fresh, the gelato was creamy and flavorful.  The beauty of their concept was that everything was very affordable--as in student prices!  I understand that some restaurateur bought the operations from the Don Bosco religious and now, the brand has several outlets all around the Metro.  The pizza slice I tasted (looked like ham and mushroom to me) was very flavorful, although since I arrived late, I had to make do with a cold slice (I was too hungry to have it reheated).  I didn't see the menu though, but I would estimate that you would need around P400 per head to have a good meal in the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment