Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Olive Creek Gallery



I usually find myself roaming around Makati when I'm in between meetings, and this time, I spent a good hour visiting the Olive Creek Gallery over at Rada St. in Legaspi Village.  I had visited the gallery when it was newly opened, and I find it such a pleasure to rest my eyes upon beautiful artwork after long and tiring business negotiations.  Natalie, the beautiful and charming owner knows her stuff and probably walks the tightrope between being a gallery owner and a collector herself. She has a modest variety of artworks, a Ma Lang, a few works of Luz and Alegre, some Orlina and Cacnio pieces, but the delight to me were the works of Dezia, an up and coming architect turned artist who dabbles in delightful colors, intricate designs, pleasing shapes and bright yet soulful subjects.  I really like his painting of the two trees separated by the sea--lovers so near yet so far apart, destined only to see, and not to touch.  I think this gentleman will go places, and the gallery will be known to be the sole source of his uplifting artwork!  



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice feature on your blog. I got to visit this gallery also and admired the works of Dézia, will definitely visit his work on the Ayala Museum come Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in total agreement with everything you've said about Olive Creek. I was fortunate enough to meet Dezia as well (dunno how to type that cowlick over the e), and am in awe of his talent. I now have a piece of his hanging on the wall at my office.

    ReplyDelete