Thursday, July 4, 2013

Songkran



In between meetings in Makati, I noticed that an old pizza restaurant along Valero St. had been replaced by Songkran, a branch of the Thai restaurant that I understand started out in BF Homes, Paranaque.  I immediately decided to have my early lunch there in order to beat the rush; I was lucky because by 11:45 am I was already done, and the crowds were lining up to get a table--my table at that.  I had a plate of shrimp Pad Thai for just under P200, which I thought was a bit on the high side for an order of noodles.  It was flavorful, however, and came it piping hot, right off the wok.  Songkran is the Thai new year festival (held sometime in April), and is quite popular due to the water-drenching that goes on (receive the blessings, I was told) akin to the San Juan Bautista festivals we have locally.


No comments:

Post a Comment