Monday, July 15, 2013

Plazuela de Iloilo



For dinner, we ventured out and found ourselves at the Plazuela de Iloilo mini-mall, which has such a quaint Spanish-Filipino architecture that was entirely a match with the older buildings that were spread all around the city.  The mall has plenty of eating places and a wide plaza where I understand turns into an open-air tiangge during special holidays and weekends.  Concerts are also held in the open area, an activity which makes the mall the popular gathering spot for the younger generations.  The corner driveway greets you with a lovely water fountain, which somehow reminded me of the water fountain at the foot of the Nagtahan bridge at the intersection of Forbes and Aurora Boulevard (I heard this gorgeous fountain was relocated by the MWSS to their head office at the UP Balara compound).  As we roamed about, I also came across a store that displayed an electric train set (pictured below). I stayed on for a good 10 minutes, marveling at the beauty of the toy set and the realistic detail of the hillside--brings out the kid in me!




No comments:

Post a Comment