Monday, July 15, 2013

Annie's Espasol



Vicky came home with several packs of Annie's espasol, specialty suman made from sticky rice and dried coconut meat.  This is usually found in the Laguna area, and is quite different from the usual suman you buy in your neighborhood palengke in that it isn't sticky to hold, and doesn't come wrapped in coconut or banana leaves.  It's rolled in rice flour, so it's dry to the touch, and is wrapped in manila paper instead.  I understand from office mates that some sellers in the Bulacan area shape it into squares instead of rolls, but I haven't seen those for myself.  These cost just about P50 for a pack of 6.  I like to eat it fresh, while the roll is still soft and chewy, although I don't mind it cold and hard, right out of the refrigerator after a couple of days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment