Saturday, July 27, 2013

Mario's Kitchen



Callos is a dish that I think of probably twice a year, and when the craving starts, it sometimes sets me off on an ingredient buying spree so I can entice Gwammy to make some (to my mind, her callos is the third best, after that of Tiya Maria of Tiyo Andres, and that of Tita Sophie).  Of course home-made callos is in a category by itself, but for commercial callos, Mario's is on the top five of my list.  I had the chance of scheduling a lunch meeting at Mario's Kitchen over at Jade St. in the Ortigas Center and to my delight, the callos is still quite good--soft, tasty and complete with all the ingredients that I look for.  Reasonably priced too, P280 for an order, just enough to keep myself happy for the next couple of months!  I understand that Mario's Kitchen is an spin-off from the Mario's restaurant of Session Road and Tomas Morato, but the basic recipes are still the same.  Not bad at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment