Saturday, July 27, 2013

Alfredo



I was quite intrigued reading the carton of the Alfredo chocolate bar at the supermarket--the label "no sugar added" would usually mean using aspertame as the substitute sweetener, but this time, maltitol was named as the sweetener.  I had my reservations about the resulting taste (aspertame leaves a funny taste, especially in sodas), but I decided to take a chance and buy one (P135 for a 100g bar).  As it turns out, I like it, sweet without any funny taste!  What's even better is that the chocolate is of good quality, in fact the bar was misshapen when we opened it (I think good chocolate tends to soften at tropical room temperatures).  It's the first time I've heard of Francestle, the Malaysian company that makes the bar, but I think they've hit on a good formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment