Thursday, July 4, 2013

Mango Chocolate


Vicky got gifted with a box of Mango Chocolate from Cebu.  My first impression was that the packaging has now improved, leaving the competition light years away!  The box is sturdy, with exquisite design, and the individual packaging of the dried mango makes eating so much easier, that it becomes a real pleasure.  Gone is the sticky blob of clumped dried mangoes you lift out of that ubiquitous plastic pack.  The chocolate I understand is Belgian, and I felt that the smooth creaminess overpowered the taste of the mango.  Don't get me wrong, it was good chocolate, although on the sweet side.  My thinking, however, was that I would have wanted the mango to be the star of the candy, rather than the chocolate.  Maybe a thicker mango slice perhaps?  No idea on how much this costs, and where in Cebu it can be sourced; I'll ask around and see--it's a wonderful gift for foreigners as an introduction to Philippine candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment