Friday, June 13, 2014

Yumi



I fetched Monique from her mid-day lakwatsa with her barkada at the Promenade Mall in Greenhills.  They had gone to watch a movie so I had to wait for around 30 minutes.  I spent that time looking for a good place to have merienda.  I'm glad we picked Yumi, a restaurant with a nondescript frontage tucked away in the mezzanine level of the mall (you have to take the elevator to get there).  As we entered, I was a bit disoriented with the wall decor (see picture below); the eye that was so evident made me think I entered a beauty parlor rather than a ramen place. The food attendant graciously explained that yumi means "beautiful" in Japanese, and quickly told us that they had a buy-one-take-one promotion on the ramen bowls.


Ah, Monique and I traded gleeful looks; such a revelation was met with anticipation!  And the soup did not disappoint; the broth was truly flavorful, the noodles chewy and the added bits of mushroom and pork made the slurpy experience an enjoyable one.


While we thought the restaurant only served ramen, we studied the menu closely and learned that they had the complete line of Japanese cuisine.  We had a big ball of spicy sushi (tuna and salmon), just to have a taste of their other dishes.  All in all, our snack came to around P350 each, but if you want to have a full course meal, I'd say it's best to prepare around P800 per head.


No comments:

Post a Comment