Monday, June 30, 2014

Transformers: Age of Extinction


The fourth movie in the Transformers franchise was filled with slam bang action.  Nice CG effects.  Mark Wahlberg steps into Shia LaBeouf's shoes, a father and daughter team up instead of the usual lovers angle.  Frankly, however, I was disappointed.  The story line was confusing.  Lots of new characters were introduced, I couldn't trace them from where the last movie left off.  The transition from the 3rd movie to this one was kinda convoluted, almost made me wince. Imagine, the big bad scientist makes a sudden change of heart by virtue of a phone call from the protagonist.  How did that happen?  So many bad guys (Megatron, Galvatron and the unexplained alien bounty hunter), and I still couldn't sympathize with Optimus Prime. Will there still be a 5th movie?  I guess with the money this one is making, that isn't too far off.

No comments:

Post a Comment