Friday, October 25, 2013

Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme



Anita gifted Vicky with a jar of Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme. I was quite curious.  What was this new concoction from Kraft?  I smiled as I tried it--simply put, it turns out to be boiled cake icing in a bottle!  Yes, yes, truly something that Vicky loves!  Without meaning to brag, be it known that eons ago, I used to be an expert in making boiled icing.  I'd separate the egg whites myself, turn on the mixer at full speed and pour in a thin stream of heated syrup. I'd add a drop or two of the chosen color of the day and voila! We'd have fun decorating our cake (admittedly, the cake itself would be a result of either Michaela's or Erica's hard work, not mine).  I must say those kitchen memories of childhood were really fun!  Today, the icing need no longer be made from scratch, and you can pick it up right off the shelf (especially if you're craving for something sweet but just too tamad to make it yourself). 

No comments:

Post a Comment