Monday, October 14, 2013

Country Spice



It was way past 1pm, and I was headed to San Juan from Kong Kong's house.  My tummy was already a big empty cavern.  After crossing EDSA from East Avenue, I found myself thinking about food as I entered Timog Avenue.  I immediately took a right on Sgt. Esguerra; I knew that street was heavily populated with eating places.  Just some one hundred meters from the corner, I spied Country Spice sign, and since a parking slot was available right in front, I parked the car and went in.


This was my first time at the restaurant, and the atmosphere was very warm and welcoming.  The decor was done in American country style, and the bright colors and homey layout instantly made me feel comfortable.  As I looked at the menu, I expected pancakes and burgers, and I had to read the entries twice before the truth sank in--the food was Filipino food!  I picked from among the four combo entries and had sizzling sisig with ice tea, which was priced at a mere P165.  It wasn't the best sisig in town, but it was okay for a quick meal (I had to rush in and out in under 30 minutes).  The viands are old favorites--bistek, kare-kare, and crispy pata, but these were probably best enjoyed family style.  I understand that the management accepts group parties and can even block off the entire restaurant for big functions (menus around P500 to P600 per head).


No comments:

Post a Comment