Monday, May 20, 2013

Marufuku



I was walking around the Ortigas area recently, and on my way towards the Philippine Stock Exchange from EDSA Shangri-la, I came across the Marufuku Japanese restaurant along San Miguel Avenue.  At that time, I glimpsed some Japanese executives dining there and concluded that the food must be of note.  As such, when Vicky and Monique had their joint birthday celebration, we decided to hold the Sunday lunch gathering at the restaurant.





We arrived just before 12 noon, and there was enough parking spaces for us.  We had the sushi and sashimi delivered immediately to start the ball rolling--the gyoza was also a favorite starter with the kids, while the adults enjoyed the crunchy tuna salad.   I had a craving for hotate (scallops), and I was quite happy--this was soft and sweet, very fresh.




The ramen noodle soups were delicious, but I thought that the bowls were on the small side of the spectrum--I figured that these were not meant for sharing.  As usual, we ordered a whole range of dishes--tempura, curry, chicken teriyaki, beef skewers, chawan mushi, gindara and grilled eel.





Not happy with all that, we decided to back for another, or well, a couple more rounds of sushi--one was covered in black sesame, while the other was their Dragon sushi (note that the ends are stuffed with the head and the tail of the prawn, in an attempt to simulate the appearance of a Dragon).



Interiors are pretty simple and the ambiance is quite relaxing.  I would imagine that the place would be full for weekdays lunch, given that is is so near the Ortigas CBD.  We spent something close to P1,000 per head, which may sound on the high side, but I admit there were several other dishes we got that I forgot to take pictures of!





No comments:

Post a Comment