Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Boon Tong Kee



The morning stroll around the Gardens by the Bay made us hungry, and by noon, we were headed off to Boon Tong Kee, the famous chicken rice hawker stall.  We were not disappointed, the rice itself is already delicious, tender and piping hot!  The Hainanese chicken is flavorful, and what I particularly like about it is that the chicken skin is full formed and gelatin-like in consistency.  The steamed pompano was very tender and the herbs just lent a perfect blend to the sauce.  I was so happy that I finished off the head, which is the best part and usually reserved for the guests of honor!



The vegetable dish was jazzed up with dried scallops, mushrooms, red eggs and century eggs, and was very good.  I wonder if the local branches (I heard they have one at the SM Mall of Asia and another at the Rockwell Power Plant) have the same caliber of cooking?  Definitely two thumbs up!


No comments:

Post a Comment