Friday, March 8, 2013

Tous de Jours


My meetings at the Greenbelt area finished early, so I had time to have a light snack at the Tous Le Jours bakery which recently opened its doors.  Sweet pastries, savory snacks, cakes and other confectionery creations are available at reasonable prices.  Pastry items go for under P50, while whole cakes sell for something like P700, and the taste is pretty good.  At first glance, I thought the chain was run by some French or European group, but as it turns out, the bakery is a Korean chain.  I was informed by Anita that this concept is very popular in Seoul, where lots of bakeries and coffee shops have Parisian decor and interiors.  I further learned from the counter girls that the franchise is owned by the CJ Group, which is also one of the largest movie distributors & theater operators in Korea.  The CJ Group used to be the food & beverage division of the Samsung conglomerate, until is was spun-off in 1993.






No comments:

Post a Comment