Saturday, March 30, 2013

Cardinal Santos Medical Center




I must say I was pretty impressed with the Cardinal Santos Medical Center.  I was confined there for the past week due to a bad case of cellulitis.  I had a scratch on my nose, right where the eyeglass nose pad rests, and somehow, bacteria was able to get in.  I probably rubbed the scratch with my dirty hands, and as a result, my face got swollen (such that I couldn't open my eyes), and my fever shot up to 40 degrees celsius.  Not a good sign, and since oral antibiotics would take too long, the doctors insisted that the antibiotics would be administered via intravenous injection.  I had to agree to confinement, as the infection could progress to meningitis or encephalitis, which would be very dangerous and difficult to cure.  From the emergency room, the x-ray department to the in-room nursing team, I was pampered and treated with dignity and respect.



Who says hospital food has to be horrible?  I had five meals a day for a whole week--brekky, morning snack, lunch, afternoon merienda, and dinner, without repeating anything.  Wide variety, better tasting than that of your average office canteen.  Meals were deliver hot and on time.  A nutritionist came to see me on my second day, and I even requested that sauces be plated separately from the main course, and my request was strictly observed throughout my stay.






The physical plant has been improved much.  If I recall right, a visit to the hospital around 15 years ago left me with the impression that a lot of renovation work was sorely needed.  Since the group of MVP took over the management a few years back, the rooms are prettier, parking is available, corridors are brighter, a lot of doctors have continued their practice there and the hospital looks much better now.  I would think that some modern equipment has also been introduced (I remember that Pipay had undergone some specialized MRI scans there some years ago).



No comments:

Post a Comment