Friday, March 8, 2013

The Balcony



Right after my brief stroll in Washington Sycip Park, I couldn't help but notice this resto-bar along Palanca Street called The Balcony.  It's positioned literally as a low-rise balcony overlooking the street, and you can recognize the place instantly, due to the distinctive brick lined wall dating back probably to the late seventies.  While it was a bit early, I still walked in for turo-turo lunch which was surprisingly reasonable at P150 only!



I got the mango glazed chicken breast, and had the place all to myself for around 25 minutes, before the lunch crowd started to trickle in.  I understand that an acoustic gig plays early evenings, and the bar becomes lively for happy hour.  No idea about what type of music plays, but I guess light rock favorites and cosmopolitan funk would dominate the airwaves.




No comments:

Post a Comment