Saturday, March 30, 2013

Brookside

I first learned of Brookside chocolates last December when Becca was gifted with a package for Christmas.  I thought that the inside portion was fruit, and I couldn't understand why it had a gooey feel to it.  Upon reading its website, I found out that this confectionery started in Canada and they make a unique chocolate coated jelly (usually berry flavored), and that explained why the inside didn't chew like a fruit would.  Then I heard in January from Monique that her classmate just recently tasted the chocolate, and liked it.  When cousin Cliff came over in February, we received another pack as a gift, and it seems that this choco-covered fruit jelly is really getting popular.  I understand that a Philippine distribution office has also been set up; talk about the wonders of global distribution!  I find it too sweet for my taste though, and a couple of pieces is enough for my after dinner postre.  The kids, however, think that it's just fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment