Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Tori Box



The Tori Box Cafe is one of those newly-opened restaurants along Calderon St. in Little Baguio, just off Wilson St.  The cafe serves fast Japanese dishes at affordable prices.  The found the interiors to be nicely decorated, without going over.  As Monique and I sat down, our kubyertos were immediately given in a mini-barrel of coffee:
 

We had to work within a budget, since I only had P400 on me, and the restaurant didn't take credit cards.  Our meal was supposed to be merienda cena, since we were just killing time before our dinner with Vicky.  We arrived at around 5:30 pm and had the place to ourselves.  Monique had a glass of iced tea:


Our orders came in fast succession--gyoza, karaage pops and teriyaki-don.  The gyoza was tasty but they were thinner than I expected.  I like plump and stuffed gyoza.  The karaage pops were bite-sized, and were perfect for our snack.  The chicken teriyaki was the filler of the evening, and we managed to halve the dish evenly, that neither of us had any volume advantage.




We used up my entire budget of P400 and as a result, we had to walk home (no extra money for a taxi ride).  We left around 6:30 pm, and by that time, a couple had walked in; I would assume that their business would have more customers for dinner by 7 pm, and for coffee & tea right afterwards.






No comments:

Post a Comment