Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chocolate Fire


I had a little time to kill before my 10 am meeting in Makati, and while walking around the Salcedo Village area, I came across the Chocolate Fire shop at the corner of Leviste and Rufino Streets.  I remember seeing the place inaugurated a few years back, but never had the opportunity to pay a visit.  I thought the place was merely a counter store with a couple of tables, and I was surprised to find out that it was a full-blown restaurant, with a second floor and an outdoor patio too.  And the good thing was that the place was open for brekky at 7:30 am.


Chocolate candy galore!  All sorts of truffles, ganache, cakes and pies!  Candies go for around P50 apiece while cakes move at the P1,200 range.  I was able to try their dark chocolate drink (cold, P187), and while the drink full of chocolate goodness, I was expecting a darker colored drink with a wee bit of bittersweet aftertaste, which is what a dark chocolate should be.




The restaurant also serves light meals, snacks, sandwiches and pasta, be prepared with something like P400 per head.  The second floor is cozy and quiet, nice place to settle down if you need some privacy.  I wasn't able to ask if they had wi-fi; I was contented with the newspapers and magazines that kept me busy till my meeting time.







No comments:

Post a Comment