Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Savor Park Cafe



My meeting in Makati took me to familiar places, and I wound up in Salcedo Village for lunch.  I was quite surprised that the Vanilla Bean coffee shop at the ground floor of Adamson Building on Leviste (formerly Alfaro) Street had been replaced by the Savor Park Cafe, and I decided to try the new restaurant.  Apparently, the restaurant was merely renamed and the menu has been tweaked to focus on Filipino food.  Some of the old Vanilla Bean favorites are still around though, although prices are a bit higher.  The Vanilla Bean executive lunches would go for less than P250 per head, and the current menu of Savor Park Cafe would average at around P350 per head.  I decided to have chichos, which is a Castillian-inspired blend of pork and beef strips cooked in a lot of garlic and paprika.  Oily?  Yes.  Cholesterol?  Yes.  Flavorful?  Absolutely!


No comments:

Post a Comment