Thursday, December 13, 2012

Bizu



A friend had wanted to schedule a meeting in the Greenhills area, and he suggested that we meet in Bizu at the Promenade Mall.  This patisserie has been around for around a decade, and it's been known for French macarons (note that this is basically almond ganache sandwiched in between two meringue buns, as differentiated from the coconut macaroon).  On a Tuesday afternoon, parking was very tight and all three of us got in later than the agreed time, but we were in luck as I was able to get a table immediately.  Since I got in first, I had a wonderful berry yoghurt blend to cool down while waiting for the rest of my colleagues.


My chicken cordon bleu on mushroom carbonara was perfect--I was a bit hungry and I was looking for some meat with a rich overtones.  My friends had quiche and roast beef on ciabatta--obviously I had the big appetite in our group!




The average food check for a fast lunch or merienda moves in the P400 to P500 range, but full course meals will take you around the P800 to P900 bracket.  I like the place because quality has been maintained all these years; I can still expect the same taste, texture, presentation, and serving temperature from their kitchen as I would from a five-star hotel.  Years ago, someone told me that the word "Bizu" is a Philippinization of the French word meaning "kiss" and we were joking that this was so because the giving of their macarons inevitably leads to kisses!  I sure hope so because their pastries are sweet and delightful--in fact, I always have to control myself since I end up eating more that I should.




No comments:

Post a Comment