Sunday, February 16, 2014

Golden Bay


I was lucky to be invited to a dinner function at the Golden Bay Seafood Restaurant along Macapagal Avenue in the reclaimed area of Paranaque.  We were led to the 2nd floor of the restaurant and I was quite surprised to see that the place was large enough to accommodate some 1,200 people (100 tables of 12 people each).  I think this is one of the largest function areas serving Chinese cuisine in town, and I heard that the place is often booked for large weddings and big parties.  Our meal was quite lavish--assorted appetizers, prawn salad, abalone, steamed Lapu-Lapu and garlic crabs were the highlights of the meal.  Engrossed in conversation, I failed to take even one picture of the delicious viands.  The food was cooked in traditional Cantonese style, and was of good quality. From what my friends told me, set meals start at around P1,000 per head, and could go up threefold in price depending on the rarity of the items ordered.  Talk about exotic!



No comments:

Post a Comment