Friday, February 14, 2014

Chops Shangri-la



The new wing of the Shangri-la Mall is wonderful place to spend a lazy day.  Good shopping, plenty of places to eat in.  Monique and I took Eddie, Remy and Korina to lunch at Chops Chicago Steakhouse, which we learned was a sister restaurant of the Liberty steakhouse over at the UP Town Center.


We started off with some bread; I wasn't too happy though with the cheese spread which was very bland for my taste buds.  Ed and Korina made a beeline for the Angus tenderloin, which was served with lots of mushroom gravy (it's inside the boat).  Thank goodness it was tender and juicy!


Monique was pretty curious with country-style steak, and to her delight, a large slice was served, completely coated with a thin batter, golden fried till crunchiness set in!  I had a flank steak, which wasn't as soft as the tenderloin cut, but was much tastier. 




Remy was happy with her salmon, which came with a poached egg on top, nice plating. Steaks come in a wide price range, from P700 to around P3,500 for the Wagyu cuts.  I also noticed that they had a Tomahawk steak, which was large enough to feed a whole family (hmmm.... I wonder if I can finish that?)



Interiors are very neat, and the place seemed to be a popular restaurant as it was around 70% full on a Saturday noon.  I even bumped into one of my Indian business acquaintances who was all smiles dining there with his friends.  I learned from the staff that the restaurant also has a branch in Greenbelt mall, on the top floor.



No comments:

Post a Comment