Thursday, February 14, 2013

Taibun



Last Saturday, I was up early at the Petron gas station along P. Guevara for a change oil.  The Innova has needed one for a months now, and I just had to make sure that I wouldn't be caught smoke belching.  I was hungry though, having left the house without brekky.  North Park was closed, and it was a good thing that I spotted the Taibun Chinese bakery right across from the gas station.  I've bought from the store just once before--they have delicious pineapple cakes that you often find in Taiwan.  They also carry a wide variety of red mongo buns, custard pies and other sweet delights.  The place was empty, and obviously, I was the first customer of the day.


The place serves home-style Taiwanese cooking.  I had the beef wanton noodle soup, which cost just under P200.  This came in steaming hot!  The meat was tender, the dumplings were tasty and noodles were of good quality--chewy, just like hand-pulled noodles.  Hearty breakfast for me; I was no longer groggy as I went back to oversee the change oil procedure.  While slightly more expensive than NS-11 of North Park, this bowl will surely give close competition!


No comments:

Post a Comment