Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ryu



It was a Happy Thursday for us, and upon my recommendation, Vicky and Monique agreed to try Ryu Ramen and Curry located along Tomas Morato in QC.  I had heard that this shop was opened by the husband & wife team of musical superstars, Ogie Alcasid and Regine Velasquez, and we wanted to taste their culinary creations.  Ryu is the Japanese word for dragon, and I was happy with the simple, yet pleasant interiors of the place.


We ordered two kinds of gyoza for starters (seafood & pork), and both were pretty tasty and juicy.  We also had pork ramen and soba, which were flavorful.  I however, thought that the meat and vegetable trimmings were on the sparse side, and I wished they had a little more so that I wouldn't feel bitin.  The karaage curry combination was a success, the texture was thick and the spice level was just right.





We wound up with an average spend of around P400 per person, and despite my wish for a bit more trimmings, we got out feeling full (probably because of the soup).  Staff service was pretty fast, efficient, and courteous.





No comments:

Post a Comment