Monday, February 18, 2013

Old Manila Coffee House



I was around the Legaspi Village area for a late morning appointment, and decided to have a quick brekky at the Old Manila Coffee House along De La Rosa Street.  The place has a quaint character; although the leftover Christmas tree was definitely an anachronism in the pre-Valentine era.


I wasn't too happy with my P205 beef tapa--I should have have known better.  You can see three small pieces of beef, and instead of the garlicky tapa that I longed for, it tasted as sweet tocino as beef can get.  Coffee and toast would have probably been the wiser choice--it was a coffee shoppe after all.  I did get to finish reading the day's issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer, and that made my morning a bit more relaxed.





No comments:

Post a Comment