Monday, July 21, 2014

Third Cup Cafe



I was glad that Monique convinced me to have an early breakfast with her at Third Cup Cafe, which is located on Rosa Alvero St., in Loyola Heights.  The coffee shop isn't readily visible from the street (the entrance is on the side of the building).  Decor, however, is homey and uncluttered, the mood is quiet, really a nice place to read in solitude or hang out with your best friend or significant other.  I understand a lot of college kids frequent the place.


I had a Reuben sandwich, which wasn't bad.  It was the hot chocolate that made my day. Thick, ultra flavorful and served nicely warmed.  Belgian chocolates, the counter boys informed me.  Bring around P300 per person for brekky or merienda.



I asked why the place was named Third Cup.  The staff quickly explained that most people have their first cup of coffee at home.  The second cup is usually taken at the office or at school.  They simply want you to come to their coffee shop for your third cup!



No comments:

Post a Comment