Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Marich


I've never tried roasted coffee bean chocolates till last weekend.  We were going around the Healthy Options store at Shangri-la Mall, and Vicky pointed out the Marich chocolates to me with the side comment "masarap iyan!"  Being eternally curious, I purchased a pack (around P275 for 125 grams).  As we got to the main house, we quickly opened it--what a delightful chocolatey coffee experience!  You have 3 choices, dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate; to me the best contrast came with the white chocolate--bitter & sweet in one ecstatic blend.  I was expecting the beans to end up as fibrous grits in my mouth, but there was none of that.  The coffee bean has a nice crunch to it, and coffee flavor is released in pure form, enveloping the chocolate bursts.  I don't think you can't eat too much though, the caffeine will probably keep you awake till dawn!


No comments:

Post a Comment