Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Roots & Herbs



I was having the car tinted in the Timog area, and the long wait made me uneasy.  Lucky enough, the Santi's store was just a short walk away, and I found myself window shopping for meats and cheeses, making mental notes as to which ones I'd be trying next.  As much as I would have liked to stock up, I couldn't purchase any; my afternoon was lined with appointments and meetings, and, despite the heat-rejection qualities of my new window tint, the meats wouldn't have lasted long under the blazing hot sun.


The commercial space beside the deli used to be occupied by Zuchini Restaurant, a sister company of Santi's Deli.  I was surprised that the occupant is now Roots and Herbs, and as I walked in to have a fast merienda, I quickly learned that the place not only had herbal coffee, but also pastries, sandwiches, pasta, and even rice bowls.  I noticed that they had made good use of malunggay (both in pastries and in coffee).


I had an oil-based seafood pasta (P188), which was good as my mid-morning snack (portioning won't be enough to sustain me for lunch, however).  Good bursts of garlic, although I would have wanted more of the seafood flavor to shine though.




No comments:

Post a Comment