Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sincerity



It's been a long time since I've eaten in the Binondo area, and this time I had an opportunity to hold some meetings there.  We made it a point to meet at Sincerity restaurant along Nueva St., and time seems to stand still--the food is still the same.  Someone told me that the establishment has been around since the mid-fifties, and that the fried chicken recipe is still the same one they have used ever since.





We started off with some duck misua soup, this came very hot and the broth was very delicious (I would say that probably due to portion control, the duck meat wasn't as plentiful as I would have wanted).  The fried chicken, quekiam (meat roll with 5 Chinese spices) and oyster cake were delivered in quick succession, and by the time we finished, I felt that my tummy was just about to bulge!  I particularly like the oyster cake, the oysters were very fresh, and the gooey texture from the corn starch batter is nicely intertwined with onion leeks and mongo sprouts.  Prepare around P300 to P400 per head, and I assure you that you will have a fast Chinese feast.  I understand that they were supposed to set up shop in the Banawe area, so those of you who live in Quezon City need not travel all the way to Binondo to taste their dishes.





No comments:

Post a Comment