Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Recovery Food



I was in the Fort area by 6:30 am, well ahead of my 8:00 am meeting.  I was up by 5:00 am and figured that the best way to beat the Christmas traffic was to arrive early, targeting an arrival time of 7:30 am.  However, traffic was unusually light, and I miscalculated by a whole hour.  Aside from the usual coffee chains, Recovery Food seemed to be the only place open that early, and I decided to have a hearty brekky to start the day.


My rice bowl topped with beef anise was reasonably priced at the P150 level, and the portion size was enough to make me feel energized without being bloated.  I understand that the Recovery concept was just that--simple comfort food for recharging, be it after a hard day's work or after a tad too much booze in the wee hours of the morning.


Most often I like eating with the company of family and friends.  There are exceptions though, and Recovery Food's concept seemed to fit perfectly.  When you've had too much to drink and want to clear the buzzing in your ears, you find yourself wanting some alone time, some peace and quiet away from the pounding of the drums and screeching of the electric guitars.  And that's when eating alone with good comfort food comes into play.  Yes, it was a simple breakfast that day, but the memories of countless hangovers came back, all because of a bowl of hot anise beef rice!






No comments:

Post a Comment