Monday, October 27, 2014

Mad Mark's (Greenbelt)



After having our mid-day snack at Kichitora, I purposely decided not to take some wasabi ice cream in order to try the ice cream at neighboring Mad Marks' Creamery & Good Eats. Our combination?  Javan chocolate ice cream and Madagascar cookie dough.  Not bad at all, milky, smooth, no air bubbles.  Chocolate ice cream had the right amount of bitterness, and it wasn't syrupy sweet like that of some other brands.  Monique loved the cookie dough, which is frankly, something that I don't like at all--it's like I'm eating raw batter!  Around P80 per scoop, which is just about the pricing of artisan ice cream or gelato these days.  My comment--I wish they had a wider range of flavors (they only have around a dozen).  Of course Monique reminded me that it probably isn't viable to have too many flavors in production, but my point is that a bona fide creamery must have more stuff to offer!


No comments:

Post a Comment