Sunday, October 26, 2014

Akira



Our board meeting was held at the Akira Japanese restaurant at the Shangri-la Mall.  We were busy discussing some matters that I didn't notice that the chefs put up a good show over at the teppanyaki counters (the staff only pointed this out when we were about to leave).  The food wasn't bad--for starters we had two sushi rolls and gyoza (both steamed and fried versions).




We breezed through our main entrees--yakisoba, tenderloin with prawns, scallops, tempura, and chicken teppan.  Portion sizes are a bit restrained though, there were 4 of us and I didn't get that full.  The steak was done just right, still red at the core.  Scallops were flavorful, I could smell the delightful seafood garlic combination a mile away!






Doesn't come cheap though; we spent something like P1k per head for the meal.  A word of advice to the owners though--I felt something was off with the matching of the seat and table height; somehow I wasn't that comfortable with the dining ergonomics.  Or is it just the way my body is built?  Hehehe....


No comments:

Post a Comment