Monday, October 27, 2014

Homeys Cafe



I used to work in Legaspi Village in the late eighties.  The place looks pretty much the same, maybe a few buildings have gone up, but the character of the neighborhood hasn't changed much.  I was meeting some people over lunch and we decided to try Homeys Cafe, which is at the ground floor of Miriam House, near the corner of Herrera St.  The owners must have named the place such in order to make it as homey as possible!  (My old English teacher, God bless his soul, constantly warned me that pun is the lowest form of humor).



Meals are reasonably priced.  You can't go wrong with dining at around P250 per head; the food is prepared in home-cooked style and comes to your table right off the stove.  We had pinakbet, chicken bagnet and lengua salpicao.  The chicken was really fried chicken, but I guess the cook boiled it first before frying, just like pork bagnet.  The salpicao was tasty but quite oily for me (in fairness, most salpicao versions are oily, but I can think of a few restaurants that can cook it right sans the dripping oil).


No comments:

Post a Comment